Are you interested in supporting the 28th Japan America Grassroots Summit in Washington State? We have nearly 100 volunteer jobs available throughout the week-long Summit (September 18, 2018 - September 24, 2018).
Practice Japanese language skills, meet Japanese visitors, earn community service hours, and get involved in the Washington State Japanese community.
- Volunteers must be 16 years of age or older by the day of the event for which they are volunteering.
- Children, family, friends are welcome to accompany the volunteer during their volunteer shifts unless restrictions are otherwise marked. If a child wants to volunteer, he or she must be 16 years of age or older and register (see above).
- Pets are NOT allowed to accompany the volunteer during any of their volunteer shifts at any of our events.
- Volunteers younger than 18 MUST have a parent or legal guardian complete our Parental Permission Form on the day of the event.
- Dress Code: Volunteers must wear the volunteer t-shirt that is provided to them. We recommend wearing comfortable shoes for all volunteer jobs.
- Only those volunteering will be allowed to partake in the refreshments, snacks and t-shirts provided.
- CODE OF CONDUCT: Treat everyone (visitors, participants and other volunteers) with courtesy. Never discriminate for age, gender, or race. Remain calm and level-headed in all situations. If problems occur, please contact a staff member, your team leader or a committee member. We are there to assist you.
- SHIFT COMPLETION: At the end of your shift, if you have not been relieved, please tell a supervisor and stay in your area until a replacement comes. If this is the final or only shift of the event, please check with your supervisor before leaving your shift.
- ATTENDANCE: We depend on your commitment to participate. Your presence and prompt arrival for your scheduled shifts are absolutely necessary. When you commit, you commit to the selected shift(s) and the entire shift time.
- SHIFT CANCELLATION: Volunteers can manage their itinerary through our volunteer registration page or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or (206) 374-0180.
- WEATHER: Our events are rain or shine, so please do not let rain stop you from coming – we still need you! For your comfort, dress according to the weather forecast.
- PLACEMENT: Please note, Grassroots Summit Volunteer Coordinators reserve the right to reassign volunteer assignments based on prior volunteer experience, unexpected needs or shifts in events. We will do our best to honor your first choice, but it is not guaranteed. Thanks in advance for your understanding, and patience is always a must.
- Have fun!
Please see our list of volunteer jobs here. Listed jobs subject to change. Check which jobs you are available for and register here.
Contact the Japan-America Society of the State of Washington at email@example.com or (206) 374-0180 for more information or if you have any questions.
Volunteer for your Local Session
If you are interested in volunteering for your local session, please contact your key person directly. You can find their contact information here.