Celebrate the Year of the Ox with the Society! Join us as we ring in the New Year with new and old friends, Sake and a fresh start to 2021.
Date: Thursday, January 28th
Time: 5:00 pm PST
- Enjoy a guided sake blind tasting by Tahoma Fuji Sake paired with JASSW Shinnen-kai Special Bento from Teinei.
- Catch up with friends old and new in our breakout rooms.
- Welcome the New Year with a koto performance by Marcia Takamura from Miyagi-kai with flutist Esther Sugai.
Tahoma Fuji Sake Brewing Company, owned and operated by Andrew Neyens.
While living in his wife’s hometown of Toyama City, Andrew was able to find work in a local sake brewery, Fumigiku Shuzo. Through working at Fumigiku and later at Masuda Shuzo, he was able to learn all critical aspects of sake brewery.
After a while life brought his wife and him back to Seattle. In Seattle Andrew spent time working as a beer brewer, all the while collecting equipment for opening Tahoma Fuji Sake. In 2017 production started and sake has been flowing ever since. We look forward to providing a great local sake using the production methods learned while working in Toyama.
To order bento and sake tasting kit:
1. To order, call Teinei at 206-420-4500 or email your order to Kenichiro Tsushima at email@example.com. Please include 'Order for JASSW' in the email subject line.
- JASSW Shinnen-kai Special Bento from Teinei. $20
- 紅白なます(Kouhakunamasu) - Pickled Radish and Carrot
- 菜花お浸し (Nanohana Ohitashi) - Boiled rapeseed blossoms with soy sauce
- 黒豆 (Kuromame) - Black beans
- 鰤照り焼き(Buri Teriyaki) - Yellowtail Teriyaki
- 筑前煮 (Chikuzenni) - Braised Chicken and Vegetables
- 海老真丈(Ebi Shinji) - Steamed Shrimp Dumpling
- 玉子焼き(Tamagoyaki) - Sweet Omelet
- 鮭親子チラシ (Sake Oyako Chirashi) - Salmon and Roe Chirashi
- 3 sake (4 oz each) blind tasting kit $18
2. Pick up bento and tasting kits at Teinei Sushi from 11:00 am - 2:00 pm on January 28th.
Bento boxes must be ordered by January 26, 2021.
Sake Blind Tasting Kits are limited and available while supplies last!
Support the Japan-America Society of the State of Washington's Business, Education and Cultural Programs!